Interviews show that Ms. Palin runs an administration that puts a premium on loyalty and secrecy.I've heard this about some other administration, but I just can't put my finger on it.
A few other tidbits:
- Palin has said that polar bears are not endangered and has sued the federal government to keep them off the endangered species list because doing so would hinder oil and gas exploration. She argued that the bears are well-managed and not in danger, and that "there is not enough evidence to support a listing." But email records show that the scientists who studied this for her concluded that the bears are in danger.
- She fired the Wasilla city attorney after he issued a stop-work order on a home being built by a campaign supporter.
- She ordered city employees not to talk to the press.
- The Wasilla high school yearbook now "now doubles as a veritable directory of state government."
- Ms. Palin and her staff used personal email accounts in order to work around possible subpoenas of official records.